Some of our favorite sites for fellow trappers and curious bystanders:
- Great Deals on traps! Free shipping for orders over $49 (which one trap covers) and free returns: www.hayneedle.com (get the 36″ trap, it’s safer for the kitties!)
- How To Change Trap Papers
- Build Your Own Feral Cat Shelter
- Trap Cover Instructions
At Cats Great & Small and trap covers are one of our favorite projects for cats. You can make your own using the pattern pdf we wrote.
- Neighborhood Cats TNR Handbook: The Guide to Trap-Neuter-Return for the Feral Cat Caretaker, 2d ed (Neighborhood Cats, 2013)
An A to Z guide are all things TNR for a colony caretaker, including trapping, feeding, winter shelter, neighbor relations, veterinary care and more specialized topics like trapping hard-to-catch cats, what to do with nursing mothers and kittens and caring for cats in traps. “The hands-on expertise of Neighborhood Cats’ staff, as well as the group’s involvement with caretakers around the world, makes this the most comprehensive and up-to-the-minute resource for educating caretakers on all aspects of colony management.” (Animal Sheltering magazine, Sept/Oct 2013.) Available for free download. Also available in a higher resolution print version.
- Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) saves lives
From Alley Cat Allies a great explanation on why TNR is so important in improving the lives of outdoor cats
- TNR Certification Workshops – Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals
If you live in the NYC area and want to start doing TNR’s yourself. Once you complete the training you can check out traps through the ASPCA and book free TNR appointments for the cats you catch!
- Community Cats Podcast
If you don’t know about Community Cats this is a great way to learn about them; if you do know your friendlies from your ferals it’s a nice way to feel connected to the community at large. Thoughtful interviews and a lot of TNR oral history you wont find anywhere else!
- Jackson Galexy Videos about Feral Cats
Watch as a neighborhood starts to take care of their feral cat population and as a family learns the joys of caring for their colony properly through TNR.
- Community Cats & TNR in the News
Recent articles from the TNR community at large via the NYC Feral Cat Initiative Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals
- Trapping: The Basics
A general overview of trapping from Neighborhood Cats
- Tough Love: Socializing Feral Kittens (3 parts)
You’ve caught the kittens now you need to get them socialized; a great How To from the Mayors Alliance for NYC Animals
- Cats in My Yard
A really wonderful blog about feral cats in Chicago and the people who love them
- Top 10 Tips for Getting Your Tenacious Trap-Savvy Cat
I love the advice about KFC Original Chicken
- Understanding Feral Cats : How to Bait Resistant Feral Cats
A good video version also praising KFC 🙂
- Tiny Kittens Webcam 24/7
Watch kittens rescued from the British Columbia wildfires!